Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Accidents happen

Today I was in a car accident. With all the driving I do and the distances I drive to school, I am surprised I had an accident so close to home. I was driving home today from school and right out in front of Safeway, a car pulled out in front of me to drive the opposite direction. She didn't see me because a van turning into Safeway was blocking her view of my car. She pulled out and I slammed on my brakes. My front left bumper slammed into her driver side door. When I got out of my car I saw our old babysitter (who is all grown up and in college) get out of her crunched up car. I felt so bad, knowing it was her fault and seeing how shook up and upset she was. Luckily no one was hurt, and her car definitely got the worst of it. Now I just have to wait for insurance to do their thing and get it to the body shop. Here are some pictures of the accident.


My car




Her car

3 comments:

Aimee Oliver said...

Yikes! I'm so glad neither of you were hurt!!
Aimee

heather said...

Well done! That just stinks. hopefully it won't take too long for the insurance to take care of it.

Kedra Simpson said...

Oh no!! I am glad you are okay! being in a situation like that is not fun.