Friday, December 19, 2008

Another Snow Day

Another snow day and the kids love it! Haley & Sydney were sad that they were not able to go to school on the last day before Christmas break. Sydney missed a Christmas party/ornament exchange and a read-in day where they read books most of the day. They all missed saying goodbye to their friends until next year. Thankfully we have phones where they can call them and they can always get together for play dates.

Yesterday when the snow came, we found a perfect spot to sled. Right in our own front yard. Our driveway is steep enough to go sledding down. The kids got on the toboggan and took turns going down our driveway. I even busted out my old snowboard and dusted it off. I strapped my Ugg boots into the bindings (well, they aren't really Uggs, but Kirkland Signature boots look and feel just like it, and they are so comfy with the interior being sheepskin. I have found myself walking around my house and wearing them all day because they are so warm and cozy). The kids thought it was pretty cool that I snowboarded, but Jeff cautioned me before saying, "You know, we have no way to get you to the hospital if you fall and hit your head." What a Dad thing to say. I guess he was concerned that I would hurt myself. Thanks Jeff. Sorry I don't have pictures of me snowboarding, Haley was fascinated and I didn't ask her to snap a picture. Maybe next time.

Here are some pictures right outside our house and the kids playing.


Haley sledding down our driveway backwards
Drew on the toboggan

Haley is having such a fun time, just look at her face!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

What a great pre-Christmas present! Although I know my kids would have been sad, also, to miss the day before vacation...but the snow is so worth it!

van den Eikhof said...

It's going to be a white Christmas. Looks like the kids are having fun. I'm glad to see that they are putting the hats that I knit for them to good use. Hope you all stay warm!

Alycat said...

WOW!!! Looks cold, but fun!