Thursday, December 18, 2008

Stuck in the snow

Today, I was adventurous and wanted to take the kids to the park again to go sledding. Last night we got about 4 inches of snow, and it still continues to snow at this time. I thought it would be no problem, so we all packed into our 4-wheel drive car. I backed out of our hilly-driveway (which can be quite difficult even when there is no snow), and I went over the driveway curb. I tried to correct myself and straighten out, but the car wouldn't budge, except for the tires spinning tirelessly.

Our car should be straight on the driveway, but it is in the ditch smashing our bushes




Luckily Jeff was home to help out in his manly way. No, he didn't push because the ground was too slippery (I tried and slipped myself). He was not able to drive the car back up the driveway and into its home in the garage, but he was able to slowly drive/slide the car down the driveway and park at our neighbors house.

Here our car is safe parked on the street




I love the snow but I hope we aren't snowed in for the next few days. I still have things I need to get done before Christmas.

No comments: