Friday, December 12, 2008

Feeling under the weather

Poor little guy is sick on the couch

Drew woke up on Tuesday morning with a fever and it got up to 103.1 F during the day. Aside from his temperature, I knew he wasn't feeling well because he layed on the couch all day. I was at his becon-call. I wiped his nose, gave him drinks of apple juice and carried him to the bathroom. He took 4 naps that day, and that was the only time I was able to do anything. I welcomed his sickness, not because I wanted him sick, but the fact that I could hang out with him, watch TV and just cuddle with him, which is a rare thing.


The next night, he told me that his ear hurt. I took him to the doctor yesterday and sure enough, he has an ear infection. He has had a cough and congestion for the past week. That was a perfect recipe for bacteria to grow and give him an ear infection. Now that he is on antibiotics, he is back to his normal self, although he still gets tired easily. In fact, right now he is napping in the car (don't worry, I'm still checking on him).

This is so funny and cute. I didn't have the FACES pain scale readily available, so I asked Drew, "On a scale of 0-10, Zero being no pain and 10 being the worst pain possible, what is your pain level at right now". Drew answered, "Um, I think 18". What a funny and cute guy, even when he's not feeling so great.

1 comment:

van den Eikhof said...

"18"! Drew is so cute. I hope that he is feeling better.