Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Top 10 Experiences of 2008

1. Celebrating our 10 year Anniversary. We can't believe how fast 10 years have gone by and all the things that have happened to us. I am married to a wonderful man and I am so happy with him. He always makes me laugh and is always so sweet. He always impresses me with how he is able to analyze and more so, able to come up with calculations and percentages on a whim. What a smart guy! In our 10 years of marriage, we have lived in 8 different places. We have made great life-long friends at every place we have lived. We must be a transient kind of people. We have owned 2 houses and now renting until we move back to California. Hopefully we'll find a more permanent address in the near future.

2. Living in a place where it snows. Being Californians, living snow is very foreign to us. It has snowed 3 times this year. First in January, then in April - what's up with that? - and then again in December when it dumped. Loved it!

3. Haley & Sydney learning how to play the piano. It is wonderful to see them learn a new talent. It fills our home with beautiful noise - when they play their songs correctly. It is amazing how fast they learn new skills.

4. Sydney learned how to ride a bike in August. She tried earlier in the year, but then when it got too hard she didn't want to do it anymore and said she was "a quitter". That broke my heart. But she later tried it again and picked it up in a matter of minutes. Once she learned she couldn't stop.

5. Drew was potty trained. We had many adventures, and he finally caught on. At first, I didn't know what to expect when potty training a boy, but it went rather quickly...compared to Sydney. He is growing up so fast!

6. Selling out house and moving. It was a gutsy move, but we thought it was best to sell house to allow us the opportunity to move back to CA with some equity in our pocket - now bank account. We know it was the right decision and we feel fortunate to have sold it so quickly and know that it was meant to be. It was very hard to leave it after we had put so much sweat equity into it and done so much to it...but after all, it is only a house.

7. Drew riding a motorcycle for the first time - with the help of his uncle Rob. Rob took him on an adventure to remember. He fell in love with motorcycles this year and Rob took him for a 10 minute ride. He loved it, but was ready to get off when he was done. Thanks Rob!

8. Being consumed with Twilight. I wouldn't go as far to say I'm addicted or obsessed with the Twilight series, but I will say that I was totally engrossed in it. In the summer I read all 4 books in 9 days. I couldn't stop or get enough. After finishing the books I felt that there was something missing. Thankfully Midnight Sun came along on the Internet and I read that in a few days. I saw the movie, and I had to go back to watch it again. After watching the movie for a second time, I felt the urge to read it again...but I'm really not addicted.

9. In September, Haley was baptized. We had family come from California, Oregon and Idaho to be with Haley on her special day. It was also special because Haley was baptized with her best friend Caitlin. It was so special for both of them. It was a special and perfect day. We all went out to pizza, went bowling and a fun nature walk. We had a special time with family and Haley's baptism that is unforgettable. Thanks to all the family that came.

10. Successfully passing all 3 quarters this year. I worked so hard this year and I am happy that I passed my 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter of nursing school. Jeff is so wonderful and supportive during my schooling. He is very encouraging when I don't think I can do it. I hope I will be able to remember all that I have studied and memorized during my nursing school experience. Only 2 more quarters to go. I can't believe how fast school has been. I also feel so grateful that Drew goes to a great place for daycare and he also goes to preschool 5-days a week. What a great set up we have. He loves her and misses her when I take him out during my breaks. Haley & Sydney also are able to stay close to home as they are cared for before school and love them. Thanks Kerry!

Well, those are some of our top 10 experiences of 2008 in a nutshell.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Very nice! A great year! And not obsessed at all....

Chalonn said...

You are so good to sit and write all this down...I wish I would do it too...hmm! Anyway, it's time to admit you are obsessed as the rest of us..