Something happened to me today, which I wish did not happen.
The past week Drew has been waking up very early in the morning, around 6:30-6:45am. Upon his early and alert wakening, he says he is starving. Probably due to the fact that he hasn't eaten much of dinner because he sneaks snacks while I am cooking dinner. Apparently the boy can't wait until dinner is ready. So every morning he complains that he is starving. To shut him up, I take him downstairs, pour him a bowl of cereal and turn on cartoons to eek whatever sleep I can get out for the rest of the morning - which isn't a lot.
Last night before bed I explained to Drew that we were going to our church for a Christmas breakfast and for fun activities and a program. I was very clear when I told him that I didn't want him to ask me for breakfast in the morning because we will be going to the church to eat. Well, this morning was like every other. He did although sleep in until 7:15, probably because I put him to bed later than usual. He woke up and came to my room. Hopped into bed with me to snuggle for a bit, then proceeded to ruin the warm, cuddly moment when and said he was starving and his tummy hurt and he wanted food. I kindly reminded him that we were going to the church. He proceeded to complain for the next 30 minutes of how hungry he was. I had enough of his whining, so we agreed that he would have a 1/2 banana and 1 slice of banana bread until we get to the church.
We left for church, and he was still whining a bit, but less than before. On the way, he fell asleep and we had to wake him up to go into church. While there, we sat down for breakfast and Drew sat on my lap. He said he didn't want to eat, so I proceeded to eat my yummy breakfast. About 10 minutes into eating, all of a sudden Drew puked all over myself on my shirt, pants, purse, gloves and the floor. Bananas were strewn all over the place. I looked at Jeff and he said, "Well, I think it's time to go." We tried to clean it all up so no one would have to endure the stench of vomit more than needed- I'm sure there were many people around us that could smell it, but they all sat there in the same spot - or they didn't notice at all. We got cleaned up and I carried Drew out the church and we all headed home.
When we got home, Haley tells me that I had banana puke on my backside in between my thighs. Wonderful. So as I was leaving the church, everyone behind me who may have looked had an interesting view.
When we got home, I took a shower to get the puke off as it had soaked through my clothes and under clothes. I put Drew in his bed and he restfully took a nice long nap. When he woke, he was perfectly fine. Today he has eaten a great lunch and dinner and has been asking for treats. He has even been jumping off our furniture, so he definitely must be feeling better.
Drew, I love you, even during those moments when you throw up on me...but next time, please warn me ahead of time so I can prepare for a vomit moment. This is definitely a moment not to forget, the love a mother who will wear her son's vomit out in public.
6 comments:
Oh yuck!! Carter did that to me about 1 week before Claire was born. I had taken him to the dr.'s & we were in the waiting room. He walked over to me & puked all over my lap!
Ew! That is love! Such a bad way to leave a party. I am glad he seemed to get better quickly. Hope it was hungry tummy yucks, rather than a lovely germ that will be shared with you all!
That is super funny, but not really. You are such a patient mom. Bummer you missed out on the party, but I'm glad Drew feels better.
Oh no! At the Christmas party?! You are such a trooper. :) We get all the fun stuff huh? I am glad that you took it so well and that Drew is feeling better. In moments like those- what else can you do but laugh? (An hour or two later...)
I saw Drew throw up, but I didn't know that it had gotten EVERYWHERE! Don't you just love it when kids surprise you like that?! Well, I'm glad that he's feeling better. Hope you guys have an awesome Christmas, with no throw up!
-Shelley
Oh, I am so sorry!! We arrived late and i didn't hear about it until the end of the party. I have been meaning to call you. I am glad that he is feeling better and hopefully everybody else stays healthy! what a wonderful mother you are!!
Post a Comment