Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Getting To Know Your Friends, Christmas Edition

I recently received an email from my friend, Julie, and I thought it would be fun to include it in my blog. Here is some Christmas information about me!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for Christmas gifts

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial all the way

3. When do you put up the tree? This year, we put it up a few days before Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? Probably after the New Year

5. Do you like eggnog? I used to, until I looked at the fat content. Although I have a sip every now and then...with milk added, of course.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The first gift I remember is from when I was in Kindergarten. It was a plastic flower pot, and inside the petals was a cute doll. I'll never forget it.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My parents

8. Easiest person to buy for? Haley, because she always give me a lengthy Christmas list

9. Do you have a Nativity scene? I have one, but I'm looking to upgrade and get a fancier one, but right now I don't have the space for another set

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, when I get around to taking the pictures, ordering them, and sending them out. I've been busy the last few weeks or so. :)

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't think I've ever received a bad gift.

12. Favorite Christmas Movies? Elf, The Christmas Story, the Family Man (I know it's not a Christmas movie, but it happened around Christmas time)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Well, this year my purchases will be within the next 14 days.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Sure, haven't we all?

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Home-made fudge, 7 layer bars, peppermint bark, chocolate crinkles, lemon bars, butterscotch haystacks, Peanut Butter Truffles...the list goes on and on

16. Lights on the tree? Of course, thankfully it is a pre-lit tree, which makes it so much easier!

17. Favorite Christmas song: O Holy Night, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Blue Christmas (Elvis), Parade of the Wooden Soldiers, What Child Is This?, I have so many more favorites, check out my blog

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We've done both, but this is our last Christmas with just our own family, until we move back to Cali when we’ll have to choose which side of the family to visit.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course, but did you know that the reindeer were actually female? Thanks to Aunna for forwarding me that email -very cute :)

20. What's on top of the tree? A star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve and the rest in the morning. I carried on a family tradition where we pick names and give a special gift to a family member and open that present Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Schools call Christmas vacation "Winter break" just to be politically correct. Let's call it what it is, Christmas break because we are celebrating His birth.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have a red and gold theme. My favorite ornament is a black & white boot my sister gave me a few years back. Thanks Heather!

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I love a good Turkey dinner

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? The only thing I've asked for is a large clock I spotted at Costco

26. Who is your favorite Christmas Character? Christ

No comments: