Friday, December 12, 2008

The Nutcracker Ballet

Today, Sydney had a field trip to see The Nutcracker Ballet in Everett and I was able to be her chaperone. We were both very excited. Sydney picked out her outfit the night before and insisted that I wear a skirt. Before the performance, we had discussed the story and music of the Nutcracker. Last time I saw the Nutcracker was when I was a little girl and my Grandma Kirkie took all of us. We went to see it in San Francisco. The backdrops and props were great. Also, I remember the dancers were beautiful, and very, very sweaty. We had very close seats and I vividly remember watching them dance so very close with sweat dripping down their faces. Why I remember that, I'm not sure, but I do have very fond memories of it. It was so nice to share this experience with Sydney. I hope she remembers this performance, like I remember my first Nutcracker.

Me and Sydney


Sydney and her best friend

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow! The Nutcracker, a vocal concert and a sick little boy...what a week!

Chalonn said...

Sounds like fun and she looks so sweet in these pictures...a memory she will never forget!!