Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Drew's big milestone!

My baby is growing up so fast! Some things I want him to stay little, but on this occasion, I am so happy he is progressing. He is finally POTTY TRAINING, and he started it all on his own! About 4 weeks ago he would announce he is going "pee-pee" in his diaper. I would suggest him sitting on the potty. He didn't take me up on the offer until about 2 weeks ago. He thought it was cool that he could get a candy after going potty in the toilet. The past 4 days he has consistently gone in the toilet without soiling his diaper. On Saturday we bought pull-ups which helped us out a lot from unstrapping & strapping the diaper during potty sessions. On Sunday during sacrament meeting he went 4 times and 3 times in nursery. Yes, that's a little over the top, but at least he is getting the hang of it. Last night he sat on the toilet and for the first time pooped in the toilet. Drew thought that was great, and did it again. After the second session, I had to pull him off the toilet and reassure he can try tomorrow. When he woke up this morning, his diaper was dry and he held his pee until he sat on the toilet. Here are some of his training sessions. What a big boy!




2 comments:

AMB said...

Man, I really need to start doing this with Gwen! Way to go Drew!

Alycat said...

Way to go Drew!!! Maybe you can help Carter when you come in April!