Last night, the leaders took our amazing Young Women to Lake Tahoe for a overnight retreat. We stayed at a members cabin. The girls played games until 9:30 or so. Here they are playing games:
With the help of my advisor, we did a devotional, highlighting Individual Worth. I got a book from the library which shows the life of Snowflake Bentley and how he studied that no two snowflakes were alike. I had them make their own snowflake and compare that each one is unique and different. Just like their snowflakes are different, so are each one of them, with amazing qualities and traits. Then they all wrote something nice on a card about someone else. Each girl got their own card to take home with positive qualities about them. I think they really liked it.
I handed out a Snowflake poem I found online which reads:
Snowflakes falling, so pure and white,
They always make such a pretty sight,
Especially when there is no breeze
And they fall with delicate, graceful ease.
All are a little bit different in some way,
No two snowflakes alike, or so folks say,
We His daughters start out like snowflakes
Pure and different when to earth each wakes.
Each coming down from heaven above
Made by God with infinite, pure love,
None of us children are made the same,
Different in features, different in frame.
Like single snowflakes we are not strong,
But together we form a mighty throng
Of children going homeward to Him in love,
Return pure as the snowflakes that fall from above.
by M Ann Margetson
Afterwards, they continued to play games. I myself had been very tired from Friday's busy schedule, so I tried to sleep. I think I finally fell asleep at 12:30am.
After we cleaned up in the morning, we took the girls to the lake. We took a group photo of the girls.

1 comment:
That is a beautiful poem.
Post a Comment