This week's training went well, but I didn't run as much as I wanted. I only ran 3 times, which is one less than planned. But on the good side, I increased my speed and ran farther than expected. My schedule was to run as much as 5 miles, but I was feeling so good that I ran 5.32 miles. I felt I could have run farther, but I didn't want to push myself and regret it later.
My runs this past week are as follows:
Wednesday: 4.21 miles in 43:01 minutes; pace: 10:12 min/mile
Friday: 5.32 miles in 54:14 minutes; pace: 10:11 min/mile
Saturday: 2.70 miles in 28:37 minutes; pace: 10:34 min/mile
Total miles ran: 12.26 miles
I was very pleased with running 5.32 miles. Next week, I will be running up to 6 miles at one time, which should be pretty easy considering this past week's run. I am feeling more confident running and I can see that my leg muscles and my endurance are increasing, which will help me further my training.
No comments:
Post a Comment