Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 1 - Half Marathon Training

The first week of training is over and I am feeling good about it.  I ran 4 times this week and here are my totals:

Monday:  3.95 miles
Wednesday: 2.39 miles
Friday: 2.67 miles
Saturday:  4.06 miles

Total miles ran:  13.07 miles

It is just over what I wanted to run for the week, so I am right on target. 

On my "rest" days, I did lunges to build my leg muscles.  It is really working.  I know this sounds crazy, but I can already tell a difference in my body, and I hope these changes continue for the next 8 weeks of training.

I am taking Sunday & Monday off for rest days because of my work schedule, and I'll be back to running on Tuesday morning after I worked the night shift.  Stay tuned for more weekly training updates.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

No, not crazy. It's amazing how quickly your body transforms once you start running! I noticed a BIG difference when I started training 4 days a week on a schedule. The schedule is key. I am rootin' for you Kristen!!