Friday, March 11, 2011

Detox Smoothie

I was watching a local news program and they highlighted how to make your own detox smoothie. It looked fascinating and super healthy. I wanted to try it out for myself, so I headed to the store and picked up a few items. Here are the ingredients:

A few Kale leaves, take everything off except the spine (fill blender 3/4 with the Kale)
1 cup orange juice
3 strawberries
handful of blueberries
1/2 apple

Blend in blender (or if you have a fancy VitaMix)

Voila!
It actually tasted really good. My entire family likes it. Little do they know they are drinking kale which is so healthy for you. I tried another version and added my protein powder, but it made the shake too thick and the taste was dulled, so I much prefer the original ingredients. I'll just have to drink my protein shakes separately.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Kale is such a great addition to smoothies.