I had been meaning to blog about this because now looking back it is quite funny. The other night I made spaghetti for dinner. We dished up the food at the island and the kids were supposed to bring their filled plates to the table to eat.
Well, if you know Sydney she is quite the klutz. You tell her to be "careful" or "watch it", she does the exact opposite. She has been like this for the past few years, and I thought she was potentially becoming more careful, but after this incident, I don't know if there is much hope for her.
When I handed Sydney the plate full of spaghetti, I looked her in the eye, saying, "please be careful not to spill it on the way to the table". She gave me the "come-on Mom, do you think I'll really spill it?" look. On her way to the table, she took a pit stop to another counter where our bar is. For whatever reason this child has in her head, she put the plate on the counter, not entirely, but a small portion of the plate was on the counter. She apparently thought the plate was entirely on the counter and let go of it. Dropping the loaded plate of spaghetti topped with cheese, corn & bread all over the floor, baseboards and the handle to our warming tray. I looked at her (not too surprised by this senseless act) and all I could say was, "Clean it up".
Afterwards, I had to laugh about it because that's just what she does and I should expect it and be able to handle it appropriately without yelling.
Later that night, I saw an email that Sydney sent to her friend and it reads:
LAST NIGHT I ACCIDENTALLY SPILT MY SPAGHETTI EVERYWHERE ON THE FLOOR LITERLY EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I GOT SUPER BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That made me laugh even more! BUSTED!
No comments:
Post a Comment