Sydney then she opened her presents with her friend still there.
After presents, we went ice skating! This was a first for the kids and Jeff and I had not been since high school. Haley learned really quick and was a skating queen. Sydney stayed close to the wall and hung on as much as she could. She was soon able to move away from the wall and hold a hand, then finally skated by herself the last 1/2 hour. Drew needed a lot of help, and after our 2 hour session, Jeff and I were exhausted and our backs broken from helping Drew.
After ice skating, we were starving and went to Panda Express (Sydney's favorite). We usually get only Orange Chicken, but this time Beijing Beef was calling my name and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think this just might be better than Orange Chicken. Gasp! I didn't betray Orange Chicken, I had that too.
After Panda, we went to Chuck E Cheese's (cringe!). It was completely packed and we had to wait to play for practically every game. Jeff and I were happy to be out of tokens...finally! While playing Skee-ball, a little girl whacked my elbow with the ball. I screamed out in pain. The girl apologized, but I was in so much pain, I couldn't forgive her. I now have the bruise to prove it!
After 80 tokens spent, we went home with a few pieces of candy and two completely exhausted kids.
Later that evening, I made a cake and we sang to Sydney and she blew out her candles.
Video of ice skating
10 comments:
you are a party ANIMAL!!!!
Happy B-day Syd! Looks like such a fun day. We miss you!
Happy Birthday Sydney! I was watching the video of the ice skating and Sydney looks like she is walking rather than skating on the ice. It made me laugh =)
What a fun birthday, so action packed, I am not surprised Sydney crashed in the car! You look fab by the way!
Happy B-day Sydney!! Looks like you had a great time!
happy birthday sdyney...looks like a fun time.
Happy Birthday, Syd! It looks like you guys had a great time!
Cute pics! Sydney is such a doll face! And you look awesome, as usual.
How did you fit all of that into one day????Sydney sure is lucky to have parents like you...and you do look amazing Kristen, as usual!
Sounds like a fun filled day!
Post a Comment