
I was reflecting today on those who had lost their life in the horrific tragedy 7 years ago on September 11, 2001. I remember that day clearly. Just as those 25 years older than us remember the day when JFK was assassinated, I remember 9/11 so clearly as well. I was living at my in-laws home. I was sleeping in our bed with Haley in her crib next to us. Jeff came in to say goodbye to me as he always did when he heads off to work. This time, he gave me the terrible news. He told me that a plane crashed into one of the towers of the WTC. I couldn't believe it and I turned on the news.
I sat there in shock and couldn't say much. I needed to get on with my morning because I worked part-time as an Administrative Assistant at a local natural gas company. I got ready quickly to see more footage. I couldn't stop watching. I watched in horror as the second tower was hit. I went to work and the atmosphere was still and quiet. Everyone watched the news on the Internet all day. I didn't get much work done that day. All I could feel was heartache for those that lost their lives and the families who lost their beloved. Those who died in the towers and those who crashed in their planes. My heart still goes out to those affected. I pray and hope that nothing like that happens again to this great nation.
So, where were you that day? What were you doing? What do you remember?
I sat there in shock and couldn't say much. I needed to get on with my morning because I worked part-time as an Administrative Assistant at a local natural gas company. I got ready quickly to see more footage. I couldn't stop watching. I watched in horror as the second tower was hit. I went to work and the atmosphere was still and quiet. Everyone watched the news on the Internet all day. I didn't get much work done that day. All I could feel was heartache for those that lost their lives and the families who lost their beloved. Those who died in the towers and those who crashed in their planes. My heart still goes out to those affected. I pray and hope that nothing like that happens again to this great nation.
So, where were you that day? What were you doing? What do you remember?
1 comment:
I was in college studying musical theatre, and I was in the theatre working on the set for our next show. A guy I knew came in and told everyone that was around what was going on. I thought that he kidding...some lame joke or something. So when he saw that we didn't believe him, he turned on the radio, and sure enough it was really happening. In every class the teachers had the TV's on. They didn't try to teach anything, we just stared at the TV. When the second tower was hit, everyone in class gasped and several people started to cry. I remember that everyone was just silent. No one really knew what this meant for our country and the future...we were just sad all day.
Post a Comment