Haley and Sydney are enjoying school so much. Their enthusiasm is awesome. They both love their teachers and they are motivated in their reading. They of course enjoy the social aspect of school too. Both girls started piano lessons. They absolutely love it. I was a bit concerned starting Sydney so early, but both Haley & Sydney are doing great. In fact, their teacher said Haley is progressing so fast. She is teaching herself songs in the next course book. She is blowing her teacher away with her talent. Jeff likes the girls in piano, because he is also teaching himeself as the girls are learning. Just yesterday, he spent over an hour playing songs in the girls books and in my Hymns Made Easy book. It's infectious having the girls in piano.
Drew has been in daycare and preschool for 2 weeks now. He was able to get back into the swing of things rather quickly. I thought having the summer off would be a bad thing come time to put him back in daycare. I used a little trick the first few days, thanks to my Alyson for the idea. I wrote on a note telling Drew I missed him and loved him and to have a good day at school. He loved that idea and he folded it into his pocket and continued to look at it throughout the day. I guess we all need something to "get us through the day". He loves preschool so much. He is there every day from 8:30 to 2pm. He is getting so smart every day. Drew still loves singing the John Henry song from his favorite video. He's been singing it so much that all the kids at daycare are now singing it. What a funny guy!
Jeff has been working so hard lately, but luckily his employer is very understanding and flexible with my schedule. He works from home on Fridays because the girls have a 2 hour early release every day. Who thought of that idea?
I am back in the swing of things with school. To read what I've been doing, check out my other blog.
1 comment:
I'm so glad the girls are learning to play the piano and enjoying it too!
Post a Comment