Friday, October 17, 2008

Cookie Monsters!

We were all feeling in the Halloween spirit and decided to make Halloween sugar cookies. I pulled out all the stops. I made the dough from scratch (not such a great feat) and whipped up some homemade buttercream frosting (I typically buy the icing tubs). It was sinfully delectable. The kids had fun using the cookie cutters. When Drew's turn came, he cut the cookie out then ate the cut dough. We made pumpkins, ghosts, witches, spider webs and cats. The girls had fun decorating their own cookie. I got a bit carried away and made a bunch of spiderweb cookies, complete with a frosting spider. After all that hard work, we ate the yummy cookies. Fortunately the cookies didn't last around the house too long, the kids gobbled them up so fast.

Decorating cookies

Sydney enjoying squeezing the frosting tube
Check out Haley's concentration!
YUM!The finished product.

3 comments:

Alycat said...

Those look GOOD! I'm not a fan of making sugar cookies from scrtach either. I hate all of the rolling & cutting, but they taste so good!
I ahven't been to your blog in a long time, I just noticed all of your Twilight things...you are crazy!!!

Colleen said...

YUM! Those look so good! And the kids look like they are having a great time, which is what cookie decorating is all about. I really like your new banner at the top of your blog too! I've thought that a handful of times now and thought I should tell you!

van den Eikhof said...

The cookies look so yummy. What a fun family activity!