I have been working tirelessly on a project for Haley. We got a dresser from a neighbor, one which we were in need of. It had been sitting in our garage for a couple months, and I have finally gotten around to refinishing it. It had 2 coats of paint. The top coat was brown, then the coat underneath was bright pink. Each drawer also had 2 wood pieces glued to it. It was a mother taking those off. It was amazing glue. I started to remove the paint by stripping it and I realized the wood was so nice underneath. I ended up stripping as much as I could, then I started the long arduous task of sanding all the drawers and the entire dresser. It took a couple days and I finally finished sanding it.
The dresser in the middle of the project

All the drawers fully sanded
After sanding it, I put 2 coats of stain on it and 2 more coats of clear lacquer. I think it turned out very nicely. I have purchased knobs, but haven't put them on yet.
The almost completed dresser without the knobs
1 comment:
it looks GREAT! i could never do this!
Post a Comment