Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Weekend Celebration

This weekend, we drove to my sister's house to celebrate my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary.  All of my siblings and two of my cousins were there for the celebration.  It was nice to see family, even though we drove 10 hours round trip for being there for less than 48 hours.  We got in late Friday night and went to sleep quickly.  In the morning we went downtown and went to the children's craft fair.  The girls and I did some accessory and Scensy shopping.  We always have to stop at the candy shop and the kids always go crazy in there, must be the sugar. Afterwards, we went back to my sister's house and set up for the party. 

My paternal grandmother who is 97 made it for the celebration.  I always try to get a picture with her because she is so fragile and time is precious with her.


The kids got to spend time with Great Grandma Ethel Kirk Marshall Haselhuhn


We all ventured out in the bright sunlight to take family pictures.  Here are all of my maternal grandparent's and all their 15 great-grandchildren (sans Blake who was sleeping)

My grand parents and their two children - my mother, Lydia and Uncle Richard

After all the pictures, we had a delicious lunch/dinner buffet style.  After dinner, there was a PowerPoint slide show that we all watched to celebrate 60 years of my grandparents marriage.  It was great to see old photo's of my grandparents and my mother.  There were so may pictures of my mother as a child that I noticed and others that I resembled her as she was younger.  I honestly don't think I look like her, but apparently I do more than I think.

After the slide show, my grandparents cut the cake together and fed each other a piece.  It was very cute.




Some may wonder what to do with leftover frosting, well my dad found a good use for it.  Feed it to Haley and smash it in her face.  Well, he can't take all the credit.  While I was holding my camera ready to snap a shot, I instructed my Dad to smash it in her face.

I think she liked it!

All 4 sisters sit in a row according to age - Julie-37; Heather-35, Kristen-33; Amy-30
These cute 4 sisters had the husbands take all the kids to see Cars 2, while we spent a few hours shopping.  It was fun shopping with them and we all love our husbands for braving the theater with the kids. 

No comments: