Friday, July 1, 2011

Road Trip to Washington

Yesterday we started our 11 hour road trip to Vancouver, WA.  With our car packed and kids movies and games ready to go, we left at 9am.  We stopped 3 times, twice for food and once for gas.  We saw interesting things along the way. 

The beautiful Mount Shasta in California


Once we got to Oregon it was instantly a different feel.  Not only is it green and windy roads, we saw an incredible amount of hitchikers and homeless people with backpacks walking along I-5. 

At one of our stops, we saw a very cool bus that the girls were so excited to see.  It took off and I wanted to snap a picture of it, but I missed my chance...until we saw it on the freeway.  Here is Junie B. Jones' Stupid Smelly Bus!



I thought it was so cool to see this bus.  I had never seen anything like it.  The kids were in awe.  We passed by the Portland Temple and shortly arrived in Vancouver where we stayed at my brother-in-law's home.  Next stop:  The Great Wolf Lodge in Grand Mound, WA.  We are to arrive at 1pm today and we will be playing at the water park until tomorrow afternoon. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I believe my sister stayed there with her kids and loved it. The rooms look so cozy!