On Friday June 3, I was looking at my work calendar and I noticed that I had a 5 days off, so I decided to head down to So Cal and visit with my sister and take the kids to Disneyland (by myself). I was scheduled to work Monday night, and asked for work reduction. I was put on call until 3am. I packed up the car hoping to not get called in and leave in the morning. I went to bed at 11:30pm. At 1:30am work called and they needed me to come in. I worked until 7:30, and was alseep by 8:45am. I knew I was only going to sleep for just a few hours, but when I woke up at 10:30 I couldn't go back to sleep. I decided not to fight it and put the kids in the car and drive 8 hours to my sisters. We left at 11:15 and the kids did really well aside from our portable DVD player not working. The kids entertained themselves and there were only a few hiccups on the way. Overall it was a good drive by myself. I was even able to finish an audio book I had been working on.
We got to my sisters house and the kids got their energy out for a bit then I put the kids to bed at 8:45 and I was asleep by 9:30pm. I was tired, plus I wanted a good night sleep for a day at Disneyland.
No comments:
Post a Comment