Monday, January 31, 2011

Snowboarding with the kids

This past Saturday, we took the kids and enrolled them in their first snowboarding lesson. All the kids were so excited and couldn’t wait. Haley and Sydney went to the same class and Drew went with a younger class.

The girls went to Thunder Gulch where they had their lessons. The instructors went part way down the hill with them and then “released” them down the mountain. I wasn’t sure if I should have said Hi to the girls because I was afraid once they saw me they would start crying and want to quit, but Haley spotted me first and she was all smiles. I asked if Sydney was having fun and she said “Yes”. So then I said “hi” to Sydney and she was all smiles too. They both said it was hard but they liked it. We reassured them the first day is the hardest, and then it gets easier after that once they figure out their bearings.

Sydney and Haley before lessons began


 Sydney ready to go

 Haley trying to figure it all out before her lesson

 Sydney shredding it up!
 Way to go Syd!
 Her instructor said Sydney was a "natural snowboarder".  She takes after her dad.



Haley riding down the hill

 Haley stopped herself by falling down.  Thankfully she's lower to the ground than I am

The girls really enjoyed it and can’t wait to do it again. Look at their smiles on their face.



**Note:  I stayed in the lodge while I rested my tailbone for one more week.  It has been 2 weeks since I fell and I've seen the chiropractor a couple times.  He took X-rays and I have no fracture on my coccyx, but it was very bruised & swollen.  It is feeling much better, but I didn't want to push it too hard, so I am resting it for one more week until we go back up to the ski resort to "shred it up".   After their lessons are done, I'll have to take the girls to the bunny hill and the easy courses.  By next season, they just might be better than me.

No comments: