Monday, January 31, 2011

January FHE

This month, I hosted our family FHE night.  We ate spaghetti & meatballs.  I made the delicious Walking Fondue bread (recipe to follow below).  Our lesson was on making valentines for Jesus.  There was a good story from Sugardoodle.net and I read the story and we talked about how we can be disciples of Jesus.  The kids decorated a picture of Jesus with hearts.  Afterwards, we played Valentines bingo.  We ended the night celebrating my sister-in-law, Julie’s 30th birthday.  It was a fun night.  The kids love to get together with their cousins.

 Haley, Brittney and Sydney

 Drew and his cousin Carter (Drew still has spaghetti sauce on his face, where is his mother to clean him up?)


Sydney, Brittney and Haley with their Valentines

The best bread ever.  It has become an instant family favorite:

Walking Fondue


1 loaf round bread
8 oz. sliced Swiss cheese
1 c. butter
1 T. lemon juice
1 T. dijon mustard
1 tsp. Beaumond seasoning (optional)

Score round loaf of bread in criss-cross cuts, making sure you do not cut all the way to the bottom of the loaf. Wrap the loaf in aluminum foil, making sure to reinforce the edges of the loaf. Stuff scores with slices of Swiss cheese and pour butter mixture into all cracks. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.

*I found a website that has the BeauMonde Seasoning ingredients.  I have not measured everything out, but I just put a dash here and a dash there and it still tastes SO good.

BeauMonde Seasoning Mixture

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. ground bay leaf
1 Tbsp. ground allspice
2 Tbsp. ground pepper
1 Tbsp. ground white pepper
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. ground mace
1 tsp. celery seed




No comments: