The search for a home has been arduous and time consuming. Jeff and I have spent hours looking for homes that would fit our family and be absolutely perfect. We have put an offer on 3 homes, and it looks like 3rd times a charm. A few weeks ago, we put an offer on a house, and it didn't work out because the seller could go as low as the listing price without going to short sale.
The second house was a foreclosure, and I loved it. It was 3,000 sqft., 5 bd., with a loft, pool and an beautiful kitchen. We offered $10K above asking price. We later found that it went pending, and we were not contacted. So the search was on...again.
This time, we expanded our search location and price....and there it was. It is a home built in 1986, but it had been totally renovated in 2006. It is a custom home with 2700 sq feet, with 4 bedrooms and a 600 sqft bonus room. It is on a big hill, and once you go up the 2-flights of stairs, the house is one one level. The sellers put $150K into the kitchen and it is immaculate, a dream kitchen. It is everything I'd want in a kitchen and more. It's one of those kitchens you'd see in a million dollar home, but it's ours. There is maple wood floors throughout the home. The bonus room is a theater room equipped with surround sound and black-out shades. Best of all, this house sits on .55 acres.
The backyard is beautiful and totally landscaped. It is on a hill, and has 3 levels. The first level has 3 patio's and a garden. The second level is just over a wooden bridge and past the gazebo. It has a grassy area and two bush-covered, cave-like hide-outs. One of them has sand in it and Drew loved playing in that. We need to teach him to keep the sand in the sand-box. The third level has a big grassy area and a pool. When we first saw the house, we didn't know the pool existed because it is hidden by bushes. It is so big, the kids can get lost. I foresee a lot of hours spent in the backyard with the kids swimming in the pool and exploring.
The home is just 6.5 miles from Jeff's work, and it is on a quiet street. I fell in love with it right away and knew this was going to be our home. We put a below-asking price offer, and just like the first house, they couldn't go below the asking price without going to short sale. I was so sad and upset, thinking I'd have to search for another home. I was also upset knowing we'd have to soon look for a rental home and move 2 more times (in the rental and into the home we buy) or stay at my in-laws home and all 5 of us share our 1-bedroom 100sqft space. Either option is not desirable.
The next day, Jeff came up with a brilliant idea. We decided to move forward with it and it worked out. We offered the seller full price for the house, but we asked for a few things to be included in the P&S. The offer went in on Sunday, and the purchase & sale was signed Monday. We close in 30 days, pending something terrible comes up with the inspection. I doubt it because they totally updated everything in the house, including the roof, exterior paint, water heater, central vac system, new AC, gas fireplace, new attic insulation, whole house fan, and toilets w/ self-closing lids. I am so excited, I am already looking for great recipes to cook in my new $150K kitchen with my Trivection ovens. The kids are very excited, they have already chosen their rooms, and they are excited to play in the backyard and swim.
Pictures will follow.
8 comments:
congrats on getting the house...house warming party over there soon.
how exciting!!! Sounds fabulous, especially for any visitors wandering through!!! I can't wait to see pic.'s!!
I hope that we can see it when we come to town in a few weeks. when do you close? Hopefully while we are there.
Are you in CA already?
Debbie - We close on July 8, so you will be there when we move, so you can see how beautiful it is.
you freaked me out because your title says "Our new house in Cameron Park, WA" I thought you had changed your mind about moving to CA for a second!
Congrats! Your new house looks awesome and you are lucky to have a pool!
you are going to live 2.5 miles from one of my best friends! the house sounds amazing!
Oops! I accidently typed WA, instead of CA. Sorry for the confusion. We are moving to Cameron Park, CA.
Post a Comment