When I told the kids we were coming down to visit Grandma & Grandpa and Amy & Cory, the girls instantly asked if we could go kayaking in Morro Bay. On Friday, Amy had the day off, so that's when we decided to go, leaving it for the last day of our trip.
The girls getting ready for take-off
Across the bay, there is a small island that the girls love to explore on. There are thousands of neat seashells, seagulls, etc. The girls came back with a boat load of treasures (mostly seashells) that they insisted on taking home. The girls are unaware of their whereabouts, but they are still in our car in a hidden compartment. They have not asked for them yet, so I haven't decided if I will inform them of its location.
I kayaked across the bay with Drew and my mom. When we got there, Drew followed suit and collected as many seashells as he could fit in his shirt. I found 6 sand dollars, and my mom found 7. I am not sure what I'm going to do with all of the seashells, but I just found an idea on HGTV. They smashed a bunch of seashells, then glued them to a picture frame, and instantly it is a beach picture frame. We'll see how creative I get...after I move into my house.
No comments:
Post a Comment