Just 3 days after moving to our rental house, Sydney has learned how to ride a bike. There is a story behind this. Months ago, Jeff & I have been trying to teach her. She either gives up, decides it is too hard or just doesn't want to do it. About 3 weeks ago I tried it again with her. After a few minutes I got frustrated with Sydney because she just didn't want to do it. I told her we had to ride home which was just around the corner from our house. Sydney decided not to ride her bike anymore, so she hopped off and I had to walk her bike home. I yelled for her to get back on, and proceeding to tell her she is "A Quitter". That wasn't a proud moment of mine. The next week we tried again. After a little while Sydney got off the bike and said to me, "I know, I'm a quitter". Those words haunted me, I just felt like a horrible mom. I decided to lay off knowing she'll do it on her own terms. We moved just 2 doors down from one of her Kindergarten friends who happens to be a BMX biker dude let Sydney use one of his smaller bikes. The first ride on his bike she took off and she can't be stopped anymore. That's all she wants to do nowdays is ride her bike with her friend. Hooray for Sydney! I guess Sydney isn't the only one that learned something from this experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment