Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Home improvements

We have been immersed with home improvements these days.  We have had some siding that has failed that needed replacement before the winter & spring.  Unfortunately, no one makes our cedar siding, and we had to have a lumber company mill our siding. 
We also have decided to install new windows throughout the house.  The windows are 25 years old, and we wanted to make the house more efficient.  We had a company come out to remove the siding, install new boards and install new windows. 

A picture of our dining room without windows before:

After:


I had to capture a picture of the worker who was installing our 1/2 window.  It made me very nervous watching...especially since I'm afraid of heights.  I asked him about the height and he said this was the highest he has ever been on a ladder.  I can't believe that ther is no one holding the ladder.  Crazy!  I'm glad he's doing it and not Jeff.

1 comment:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

wow thats very high. Love the new windows :)