Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sydney's 9th Birthday

Nine years ago, we celebrated the birth of our second daughter, Sydney Belle.  It was a happy day and an easy birth (thanks to Demerol).  She was delivered at 5:44pm by Dr. Towner.  She weighed 6 lbs, and was 18 1/2 inches long.  Her most distinguishing feature when she was born was her dimpled chin, thanks to  Grandpa Haselhuhn.  She still wears it proudly.



Flash forward 9 years, and we have a beautiful daughter with a great personality.  We celebrated her birthday with donuts for breakfast and her cross country practice.  I took cookies to school to share with her class.  They sang Happy Birthday to her and I presented her with a personalized candy gram.  She was so embarrassed and wouldn't read it, so one of her friends read it to the class. 

We went to Macaroni Grill for dinner (per Sydney's request).  It it now a tradition as we went to MG last year for her birthday. 

We got her a chocolate molten lava cake with a candle. 

Make a wish!

Sydney enjoying drizzling her cake with chocolate syrup, as Drew drools watching her do it. (Do you like her hair?  It's called a cascade waterfall braid, which I just learned how to do!)

We went home and she opened presents.  Here she is with our cat, Lucy. 
As Sydney was getting ready for bed, she surprised me with a hug (which is rare to even get one out of her) and said, "I had a great birthday.  Thanks Mom."  That made me so happy!  I hope she appreciates my effort and sleeping only 3 hours to accomplish all of it.  Even though she probably doesn't care, I am so glad she had a great birthday and it made her happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the braid and glad Sydney enjoyed her birthday. Mom...it was worth the effort!