Friday, September 30, 2011

Sister's Weekend Day #2 (part 1)

 Our second day of our sister's weekend, we started in Union Square and went to their 10 story mall.  It was quite impressive as we were going up the multiple escalators,



After shopping we saw a peaceful protest outside the mall. Their cause?  It was saving our planet and eliminating fossil fuels.  One sign I saw someone holding that was so funny was: "If the planet dies then there will be no jobs".  I found that one fascinating.  If the planet dies, there wouldn't be anyone left to have a job.  Genius!
 We saw them marching along Market Street and during the course of the protest we saw interesting things.  On,e being the polar bear. Another, which I don't have a picture of, it was a naked man on a bike.  His junk was just resting on his seat and each time his right leg went down on the pedal we saw it all.

We got a bit lost walking to Chinatown and found ourselves at the United Nations building.  We kept going further until we hit Polk Street (probably one of the worst streets in SF).  We knew we weren't in Kansas anymore.  We backtracked about 10 blocks to Union Square and we were on our way to Chinatown.

We arrived at the iconic Chinatown in SF.  We perused the shops and looked for a good restaurant.

 We found the highly recommended restaurant in Chinatown.  It was rather hard to find because it was a through a small doorway and up a small set of stairs.  We were told to not be scared of the sketchy entrance.  When we arrived to the top of the stairs, it was an open restaurant with lots of windows.  We enjoyed the food and company.

Our authentic Chinese food

Amy was sad for the lobster...but it tasted so good!

I really liked the look of this Chinese building

My sisters and I in front of the entrance to Chinatown

3 comments:

heather said...

Great photos!! We need to start planning the location of the next weekend!! :)

van den Eikhof said...

You did such a great job sharing our sister's weekend. I had a great time and can't wait for next year!

Anonymous said...

So glad you all had a great time!