Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sisters Weekend Day #1

This past weekend, I joined my 3 sisters in San Francisco for the weekend, for our first annual sister's weekend.  I started my morning early by picking up my sister Julie that lives locally.  Then we headed to the Sac airport to pick up my other sister, Heather that flew into Sac from Orange County.  We went to Pier 39 at first and saw some beautiful landscapes.  Here are a few pictures from the end of the pier.

Alcatraz

A view of the Golden Gate Bridge with the fog rolling in - breathtaking!

My sisters: Heather & Julie with me at Pier 39 with Alcatraz behind us.

I thought this was hilarious.  Make Note:

After walking the pier, we walked along the main road towards Pier 5.  Across from it is the Fog City Diner.  We had always wanted to go there since watching the movie: So I Married An Axe Murder, where one scene of the movie was filmed here.

Heather & Julie enjoying their delicious food

I chose a grilled chicken on skewers with curry sauce.  It was so good.  In addition the fries with Asiago cheese on top was to die for.  Yum!

After lunch, we walked back about 10 blocks to our car and saw some great views along the way.  Here is the Bay Bridge.  (the one that collapsed in the 1989 earthquake)

Cupids bow & arrow

We went to the hotel to meet up with my younger sister Amy.  We decided to do some shopping and go to Ikea & Nordstrom Rack.  We spent many hours in retail therapy and it was so much fun.  Afterwards we went to the hotel and got ready for dinner.  We went to a highly recommended Thai restaurant and I ate the Pad Thai.   It was great.  Then we went to the movies and saw Abduction.  We realized afterwards, that it was quite the teen flick, but entertaining to say the least.

With my sister Amy in the theater.

Afterwards, we went back to the hotel and stayed up late talking.  It was so much fun!

2 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

It was fun and I got some of the pics from this past weekend. It was fun.

In a nut shell... said...

I have the same picture of the thong sign!