Monday, February 28, 2011

First day of training

Today is my first day of training for my 1/2 marathon in 9 weeks.  My plan was to run 3 miles.  I set off on the pavement this morning and started running.  I've been keeping a log of all my runs since October when I downloaded an amazing app.  It's called iMapmyrun.  I can start a run and it records it via my GPS in my iPhone.  It shows the route, elevation, duration, distance, pace and calories burned.  I love it!

This morning I planned on running 3 miles, and I started a route that I had done before.  I took a detour and ran around Cameron Park lake, which is 1 1/4 miles long.  By the time I ran to the lake then around it, had already ran 3 miles, then I ran a 1/2 mile home and walked almost 1/2 mile up the massive hill at the end.  Here are my running stats this morning:

Distance:  3.95 miles
Duration: 46:03 minutes
Pace: 11:38 mins/mile
Calories burned: 407

For the first day of training, I am pretty pleased with those numbers.  I really hope my pace will decrease and I can run faster in the next few weeks.  I also think it will help to run a more level route, but this gives me good cross training with all the hills.  Tomorrow will be a rest day, and then I'll hit the pavement again on Wednesday.

No comments: