Monday, March 1, 2010

February's FHE

I hosted Family Home Evening this month with family. I got the story from a FHE blog and it is from The Friend: September 2008. I told a story about a girl named Ellen who came on a ship and she thought they said too many prayers. Their ship came next to pirates and their prayers saved them from being robbed by pirates. Ellen soon realized there can never be too many prayers.

We then had a scavenger hunt where the kids searched for a clue and pirates that had something that the kids can be afraid of, such as: the dark, scary movies, sharing your testimony, praying in front of friends, sharing the gospel...etc.

They searched the house high and low for clues

They finally found the treasure at the end of the treasure hunt. The booty included candy necklaces, chocolate coins, Hershey's nuggets, and other candy.

It was a hit and they enjoyed their treasure!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: