Friday, October 5, 2007

The good, the bad and the ugly

I wish I could have posted last week, but I was swamped with studying for my tests, one on Friday and another on Monday. Luckily I passed both and did very well. That's the "good" part of the week.
The "bad" part of the week was that Sydney and I both came down with Strep-Throat. At first we thought Sydney had impetigo because she had reddened sores that looked like blisters on her face. Her Dr. took a culture and grew the bacteria. The next day he called with the diagnosis of Strep. It manifested itself differently in her than the normal strep bacteria. Sydney was quarantined from school for the week. Luckily Jeff was able to work from home while Sydney's quarantine was in effect. By the end of this week, he is looking forward to working in the office next week.
On Wednesday I woke up and my throat was swollen and sore (this was before Sydney's final diagnosis). After school I went to the Dr. and got a strep culture. It was positive. The strep wiped me out and I slept 12 hours that night. I have been trying to take it easy and not push myself this week. The two of us are on antibiotics and recovering well.
You might ask what the "ugly" is for this week. If I could, I would show a picture of my white spotted throat. Yes, it is pretty ugly and no, it isn't fun to talk, eat and swallow.
Hopefully next week goes better.

1 comment:

Alycat said...

Ew, yuck!!! Nope I won't need a picture, I know exactly what that looks like. Hope you are all feeling better soon. Congrats on your tests. Keep up the good work!