Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Table

I found a cute website showing cute Thanksgiving table ideas for kids.  I adapted one of them and made Pilgrim paper hats, made out of cups and filling them with crayons.  The kids table will be covered with butcher paper and they can go to town coloring on the table. 

How to do it:
1.  Cut out the bottom of a black paper cup with a Craft Knife.
2.  Hot glue upside-down to a painted chipboard circle traced using the Circles Shape Template. I had Haley trace and cut out the circles. 
3.  Cut strips of brown paper, I did 1 1/4" x10".  Cut a 1 1/4 square for buckle
4.  With yellow paper, Cut 2x2 squares.  Glue the small brown square.
5.  Tape strips, then adhere the buckle

It was super easy, and the kids helped and had a good time. 



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Cute!! Will you guys be with our family for dinner?

In a nut shell... said...

Thats a cute idea, I'll have to try it next year!