Monday, November 22, 2010

I am a Child of God

Last week I was asked if Haley would play the piano or sing a solo in sacrament meeting.  I agreed that she would play the piano.  She went home after church and picked out I am a Child of God from the hymn book.  She practiced all week very hard.  Saturday she practiced for over 1 hour.  She was feeling great up until she went into the chapel.  Haley was so nervous.  She continued to worry about messing up.  I told her it was okay if she missed a key.  Just to continue playing, most likely no one would notice.  When it was her turn, Haley got up and played 3 verses of I am a Child of God and did a great job.  From what I heard, there was only one note she goofed, but she just kept playing and did a great job.  It was very moving and there were numerous people crying.  I was surprised how much that song affected them.  I am so proud of Haley playing a piano number in church in front of the entire congregation.  She is very brave.  Not only that, but she taught herself that song in only one week.  She is amazing and I am so proud of her.

2 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

That so great that Hayley did that in front of everyone at church. Congrats

june said...

Congratulations Haley on a job well done. I'm sorry I didn't get to hear you at church, but you did a great job at my house on Sat. So
glad I got to hear you play it anyway. Love You!!