Monday, October 18, 2010

Tissue Poms

I am planning a big Birthday Halloween party for Sydney's 8th birthday. I purchased some tissue poms for my Dad's 60th surprise party, and I thought, "Those look so easy to make, I bet I can do it." Well I found Martha Stewart's website that had complete instructions. I bought black and orange tissue paper from a party store and I started creating them.

First take 8 sheets of tissue paper. Then fold them about 1 1/2 inches accordion style.
After it is folded, take a wire and wrap around the middle of the tissue paper to secure it in place. Then I rounded the edges with scissors on both sides.


Then start fluffing the tissue until it is full like a flower.

I secured fishing line to the wire and I hung them from the ceiling in my kitchen. It adds a nice flair to Halloween festivities.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: