Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentines Party

This last weekend, we held our 4th annual Couples Valentines Party. We ended up having 13 couples at our party. It was a full room, but not as near crowded as last year. People came from near and far to attend. Our dear friends John & Julie traveled all the way from Reno to come to our party! Our guests brought yummy appetizers and delicious desserts. We played a few games. The first was working together as couples by removing a Starburst wrapper in the mouth. The second game we did was the men wrote a poem with two words (see winner below) and the women drew pictures of their husbands. The third game we played was a not-so-newlywed game. It was funny hearing the answers. Some people did well, whereas, Melissa & Eric needed to get to know each other a bit better. Hopefully their gift can help. :) We had such a fun time and we are so glad to have so many friends to come and spend an evening with us.







***Note: I have been informed that I need to clear something up. When I said that Jeff's romantic side was compared to the the candy bar Butterfinger, I did not mean that he was clumsy. I meant something else entirely different.

I have to publish Jeff's poem because I haven't done this in the past. His two words were cuddling & bikini wax. He wrote it in hyco style (which I'm not a fan of). Here it is:

Tonight we're cuddling
If you used bikini wax
We will have great s...........sleep


The winner of the poem went to Don. His 2 words were romance and light.

Love Light
Shines through the window from the street
Illuminates the room when bodies meet

Only seconds pass now there is time to kill
I should have purchased that little blue pill

The romance is over in a wasted night
Close the blinds, turn out the love light


It was such a fun night. I can't wait to do it again. I'm going to have get creative for next years party. Thanks to everyone who came to the party!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Kristen,

So sorry we missed it! Forrest was out of town and came home late that night. I'm glad you all had fun, and we'll have to catch you next time around. : )

Melissa said...

We are "getting to know eachother better" thanks to our prize! Thanks so much for all the fun!
~Melissa

Britty said...

Hey! Of course we had an awesome time at the party! Thank you so much for everything. I was so bummed we had to leave early - what a bust. Especially in the middle of my favorite game ever! I was glad to hear that I wasn't alone in my first answer for Brandon's questionnaire. I was hoping I didn't go a little too far with my answer. :) Miss you guys - when can you come visit?

Adam said...

Hey Kristen! We had a super time and hope we're still on the guest list next time. Anyway, would you mind emailing me that pic of Adam and I. I didn't take a single valentine shot this year and need something cute for my scrapbook. thanks, Andrea
amwsscrap@email.com

Kira said...

We had so much fun with you guys! I'm so glad you posted the poems...made me laugh even more the second time around! Maybe next year we'll be on time for those appetizers...and a picture!

Stephanie said...

still laughing at that poem!