Friday, February 19, 2010

Churros

When I was little, my Dad was notorious for taste-testing our food to check to see if it is "poisoned" before we eat it. The foods he tested were always yummy treats. Now that I am a parent, I have carried that same tradition on to my kids. I am always telling them I should taste it just to be sure the food is not poisoned.

Yesterday, Drew and I went to Costco to do some shopping. We went to the food court afterwards and we shared a pizza and I bought a churro. Drew had never had a churro before. When he was halfway done with his pizza, he spotted it in the wrapper. This was our conversation regarding that churro:

Drew: "Mom, what the heck is that?"

Mom: "That's a churro."

Drew: "What's a churro?"

Mom: "It is yummy bread fried and coated with sugar & cinnamon."

Drew: "Ooh, I'd better try it to make sure it's not poisoned."

All I could do was laugh out loud. He pulled off my own stunt. Drew is absolutely adorable!

1 comment:

Britty said...

That's pretty cute. They're little sponges.

We LOVE churros. Lucy often asks me if we can go to Costco for lunch. The smoothies and churros are awesome, and have you tried the SINFUL chocolate-dipped ice cream bars covered with Almonds? Holy cow.