Thursday, August 27, 2009

I am officially a Registered Nurse!

Last Monday I took the NCLEX, state board exam for Registered Nursing. I was unable to get quick results, and I thought I had to wait 30 days for results. I got a call from my mother-in-law stating that there is a large envelope from the State Board of Nursing. On the front it said "Do not bend". I told her to hang on to it and I'll pick it up later, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. Jeff came home and I told him about the letter. He said he would pick it up and bring it back home. I told him it was like a mission call, and I had to open it. So we packed up the kids and drove to their house. I opened it and there it was, my certificate as a Registered Nurse. I couldn't believe it. I really thought I did not pass the test when I walked out of there. I was sick to my stomach, and even had diarrhea. Thankfully it was not all in vain. The past 2 years have finally paid off. I am proud to say, I'm a Registered Nurse. Now I just need to get a job. :)

OH HAPPY DAY!

10 comments:

van den Eikhof said...

Congratulations!

The Nedrys said...

Kristen,

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am for you! All your hard work has paid off! I wish I could take you out to dinner to celebrate! Things in Snohomish just have not been the same without you. I planned a girls' night out after Enrichment last night and as I came across your name when I was clicking on who to send the email to, I felt sad. I miss you! Hopefully we will drive to CA one of these days so we can stop and see you guys! Congratulations again! You deserve it!

Love,
Emily

Alycat said...

woo-hoo!! i knew you could do it!!

Julie@My5monkeys said...

congrats

Colleen said...

I remember when you started this big endeavour! How exciting to be through it and getting ready to do what it was all for! I am SO happy for you! Congrats.

lblack said...

Congratulations Kristen! What a huge accomplishment!!! All your hard work has paid off - we're proud of you!

Lisa said...

Yeah!! I'm so excited for you. I knew you would pass. Have faith. You are a great student and you studied hard. You didn't tell me you got sick, I'm so sorry. I bet, you were too anxious, who wouldn't be. Can't wait to see the certificate. Congratulations, Kristen Wallace, RN!!!!! Nice title!

Aunna said...

Yippee! Congrats from the Bujnowskis! What a way to end the summer! Hope you guys are doing well. Cait and I love reading the posts!

Aimee Oliver said...

Yay! So proud of you! You did it! Jeff and the kids deserve a big congrats, too. You have an awesome family!

Anjee said...

Congrats Kristen! I know how hard you worked for this.