I was looking at old pictures, and I found this one of Haley when she was just 2 hours old. Back in 2000, we didn't have a digital camera, and this must have been scanned, it is grainy, but she is still so cute.
I went into labor just 1 week before my due date. She gave me quite a scare when I was diagnosed with Pre-eclampsia and they immediately induced me. They filled me up with pitocin and magnesium sulfate. She finally came out 12 hours later, weighing 4 lbs, 15 oz. She stayed in the NICU overnight for observation because of her small weight. We realized later she had IUGR (intrauterine growth restriction), which is why she was so small. Well, she's still so skinny, but she is healthy.
At her latest doctors appointment, she weighed 53 lbs, just 0.8 lbs heavier than her younger sister, Sydney. She's 50% in height, and hovering around 10% in weight. She's always been around 10% weight her 9 years of life.
Haley enjoys life, being a big sister, and now loves living near family. She loves to swim, do magic tricks, read fantasy books, do art projects, think of creative & inventive ways to do things. She is a great daughter, and I am so happy she's a part of our family.
Haley opened her presents at home. She loved them all, and is most excited for her 100-magic trick box.

We went swimming at Haley's grandparents home, then had a quiet family celebration. A few family members were there to celebrate with us. Haley is so into horses, and has been for quite some time, she wanted me to make a horse cake.
I think the horse cake turned out well, but unfortunately, I thinned the frosting out too much (because I didn't want to get cake crumbs in the frosting when I frosted it), and it was melting off the cake. I have learned my lesson, and won't do that next time.
Haley blowing out her 9 candles
2 comments:
beautiful cake!! Happy birthday Haley!
Horse cake? rocket ship cake? seriously, you are making the rest of us look bad. Maybe I am just a lazy mom.
Post a Comment