Sunday, July 5, 2009

Let Freedom Ring!

On the 4th of July, we had a great celebration of Independence Day. We went to our new ward's pancake breakfast. We met a lot of members and the kids got to ride their bike in a little parade. Jeff and I watched a great video celebrating our country's Independence. After pancakes, we went to Jeff's parents house for fun and a family BBQ.

The cutest kids ever!

The kids had Great-Grandpa's famous snow-cones. They look forward to it every year. This year, they looked forward to something else. They love to watch the men have a splash contest. I was a dutiful mother and was watching the kids close to the pool. As a result, I got soaked, thanks to Cory. What a great brother-in-law!



Haley and her cousin Rachel

Sydney and her cousin Rachel


Jeff taking flight in the splash contest



Drew writing on the ground with his sparkler


Haley getting a double dose of sparkler magic


Sydney during fireworks


The kids and a few of their cousins, sitting as they are watching the firework show


Kristen & Jeff - How cute are we??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You all look great and very happy! Kristen you are so cute and TAN! I bet you are LOVING being back in Sac! We need to get together SOON. Do you want to come down for a weekend and go to the Lake with us in August sometime? Then in the Fall we can hook up for Apple Hill or Bishops Pumpkin Farm. What do you think?