Friday, July 31, 2009

Haley's Blue Cherry Tree

Today, I finished one of the many projects I'm working on. One day, Haley and I were looking at kids room decorating ideas. She fell in love with the Cherry Tree. The one pictured, had pink flowers, but she wanted blue flowers to match her curtain and rug. A couple nights ago I started.

Here is my work in progress. Bottom pictures are the beginnings of painting the tree. Top right picture I'm painting leaves, and I put a personal touch on the trunk of the tree. M+H= Mom loves Haley. Isn't that sweet?


Here is the final product of the cherry tree. I used blue/teal hydrangeas from Michael's. I cut the stem close to the flower and then I hot glued it to the wall.



To see where I got my creative idea from, check out Design Dazzle's blog.

13 comments:

Alycat said...

Looks great!! You did such a good job. Sorry I couldn't help you with it last night.
Oh...I can't believe you are wearing your new Cold Play t-shirt while painting!!!

Cara said...

What a cute idea!! If I painted a tree though that size it wouldn't look nearly as good. :) Great job!

Platteborze Possy said...

Kristen, you are amazing!!! I love it! Good pick Haley, oh and I love that blog. They have some great party ideas!!

van den Eikhof said...

The cherry tree looks awesome! You and Haley are so creative. I can't wait to see it when we come up to visit.

Barlow Family said...

So cute! You did such a great job! Thanks for the web site! I love it and can't wait to try some things out when we go home.

Stephanie said...

that turned out great kristen!

The Nedrys said...

So cute! It turned out great! Haley is lucky to have sucha a talented Mom!

On a side note...How do you make those photo collages on your blog like in this post? What program is it that you use?

Aunna said...

Very cute! It always means more when someone you love does something like that!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it!

Anjee said...

Kristen,

I cannot believe your creativity and talent for decorating. I don't think I would dare attempt doing something like this. It looks adorable. As your house always does.

Colleen said...

What a great decoration! I love it! Nice work, Momma!

Bob and Debbie said...

Your tree looks amazing!! I might have to hire you to come to our house and do something.I don't know what, but we have been here almost 7 years and I am ready for some changes.

lblack said...

That is awesome! What a cute idea - I would never have thought to glue on the flowers. Very crafty. :)