Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Coldplay in Concert!

Two weeks ago, Jeff and I saw Coldplay in concert for their Viva La Vida Tour. I am a huge fan of them, and have been since their 2002 Rush of Blood to the Head album. I know every song, and so do the kids. Haley's favorite is Clocks, and Sydney's favorite is 42, but she calls it "Ghost song". We were so excited to finally go to their concert, thanks to my sister-in-law Lisa who watched the kids and had them over for a slumber party. We had a great time. I'm definitely going to see them on their next tour.


Coldplay on the marquee


Waiting in the 100+ degree temp for the big performance
Chris Martin on the big screen


Upclose of Chris Martin singing Billy Jean


Look how close they are, that's without the zoom! It was awesome!
This was definitely one night to remember. The band put on a great show, there was great special effects. I loved the yellow confetti-filled-balls in the audience during "Yellow", and the paper butterflies that floated in the air, and the large screens for those of us on the lawn to see the band a little bit better. Thankfully, we got a great shot of them when the band came up to the lawn section and sang 10 feet away from us. It was a great. They sang 3 songs, one of which was Michael Jackson's "Billy Jean".
A little bit of trivia: In May, I was able to practice my singing capabilities with my roomie Kathy (up in Washington), and I sang Coldplay's Clocks on her Sing Star. I did so well, that I got the title of Sing Star, something Kathy & her husband had not seen. I guess I've had a lot of practice singing that song.

No comments: