Thursday, February 19, 2009

Something had to change...

...It was my hair.



About 2 months ago I decided I wanted long beautiful locks. That meant I needed to grow my hair out at least 6 inches. I needed a haircut bad, so about 6 weeks ago I went in to get my hair trimmed about an inch and to trim up my layers. I thought I wanted long hair. After my haircut I decided that it took too much time and patience to grow it out. Plus I have to put it up at the hospital every day, so it pretty much stayed in a ponytail the entire week. I decided that I wanted it short again, but I was much too busy to get it cut and thought I'd just wait until spring break--the end of next month!


Sometimes it takes having a picture taken of myself to see how bad my hair really is. It wasn't until our Valentine's Party when I looked at my picture and realized how bad my hair really looked. There wasn't really a cut or style to it and it just looked very blah and dull.





The next day I called for an appointment with my hairdresser and scheduled it during the week while the kids were in school. I told her to chop off 4 inches, add lots of layers and bring my sweeping bangs back.



I was so happy with the results and I don't know if I can or want to grow my hair out again. Although, as you can see I am always changing my hair, wether it be a cut or go from being blonde to coloring my hair super dark (like I did a month ago). We'll see how I'm feeling 2-3 months from now.

8 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

like the hair cut...kristen.

Lisa said...

Very cute hair cut!! I'm needing mine trimed again, too.

Colleen said...

It looks great Kristen!

Jessica said...

I love it! I thought it looked good before but I know what you mean about having it in a ponytail so much.

emily said...

sooo cute - i love it!

CJensen said...

Super cute! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Cute hair cut!

heather said...

dalring cut! i love it.