Thanks to my friend, Kedra kindly reminded me that I had not yet planned the 3rd Annual Couple's Valentines Party. I had been so busy wrapped up in school, I completely forgot. It has been a hit the past 2 years, and I couldn't resist throwing another one. This year, we had another rockin' Couple's Valentine's party. For a 3rd year in a row, we had an overwhelming response. When making the guest list, we consistently expect about 1/2 to show, but that has never been the case. There are so many other people to invite, it just wasn't possible with the space available. We had to cram everyone in so tightly at our house, and we had plenty of room in our living and dining room
We had such a fun time playing games. We of course had to play the newlywed game, with a slight twist from last year's. Some of the answers were hilarious. I have found out a lot more about each couple, and some of it a little too much information was given...but it sure was hilarious. Thanks Anna Marie for that story about you back in your college days when you met Rick. It was priceless.
We played 'name that tune' to love songs. The winner went hands-down to Anna Marie. I think that game will have to be omitted next year because it started to get to a point where we were handing her the spoon so she could name that tune before anyone else.
We also played another kind of game. This year we had the husbands draw a profile picture of their wife and she had to pick out the correct picture amongst all the drawn portraits. The best drawing went to Eric Elton...that was a given. The funniest I'd have to say was Leah's picture. That by far was the funniest. Leah really does have a big and beautiful smile, but Logan's drawing did her no justice.
This was Jeff's drawing of me. The nose definitely is not mine. The only way I could tell it was me was the mole he drew by the chin. It's not a big mole, but I put one on my Mii for our Wii. It was rather easy finding my picture. Thankfully Jeff said his drawing no way reflects what I really look like.
While the husbands were drawing, the wives wrote a poem that had to consist of two words. One very romantic word and the other not remotely romantic in the least. Sarah's second poem was distasteful, and Leah's was hilarious. There were so many other good poems. My poem had to consist of the words: cement and romantic. My poem that I came up with in a short amount of time was:
You are the cement that holds us together,
Being with you, life is always better.
You are romantic and that's why I love you,
I love you, it's true, true.
Well, that's not the best, but it certainly is original. I definitely won't go into poem making as a profession. I really do stink at writing poems, but it was all in the name of love.
This night was filled with so many laughs that my mouth and cheeks were sore. I was crying a few moments that night because people and their responses were just too funny. Thanks for such a fun night. It appears that I'll have to pass the torch onto someone else, unless everyone wants to come down to CA next Valentine's day for a fun party. I hope someone can maintain this fun tradition that was started 3 years ago.
Me & Jeff
The Harrisons
The only couple I'm missing is the Shaws because they came late. I'll have to get their picture from Emily and add it later.
6 comments:
Oh we love the annual Wallace Valentine's Day party! It looks like it was a great night! You guys rock the v-day party, if we ever decide to host one here I will have to email you for all the dets...the best v-day parties ever!
So fun!! Next year we'll have to start one here! :)
it was a great time had by all ... and you'll have to get our pic from the other emily! she has some other priceless blackmail material as well!! love it!!
We had a blast! It was the most fun I've had with a group in a LONG time!!! Thanks again for the invite...we will miss you guys!
-Shelley
Sounds like your Valentine party was just as fun as ours! Loved the picture of you!
another rockin time! Thanks for hosting and I just might have to carry it on when you leave...although it definitely won't be the same!!!
Post a Comment