Thursday, August 18, 2011

Why didn't I think of this before


Of all the years of making lunches, I can't believe this did not dawn on me earlier.  I decided to mass produce sandwiches.  I bought two loaves of bread and made 16 crustless sandwiches for the kids.  The kids can take the sandwiches out of the freezer and pack their own lunches in the morning. 



Voila!

On top of the sandwiches, I made snack bags with various snacks that the kids can choose to put in their lunches.   Brilliant!



This has made lunches way easier for Jeff and I.  Especially when I come home from work in the morning, I don't have to deal with making lunches.  The kids are totally independent and make it themselves. 

3 comments:

Alycat said...

you are so smart!!!

howellblog said...

I did the same thing in California... The bottom drawer in my fridge was just for lunch stuff with a sign on the fridge instructing, "1 main item, 1 veggie/fruit/ 1 dairy, 1 snack.... A lot of work at one time, bit SO worth it! My kids ate more of it too because they got to choose! Yay... Here they eat really good school lunches for $2. Can't compete with that!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic idea!