Monday, August 15, 2011

Haley turns 11 years old!

Today, Haley turned 11 years old.  Her big present we are giving her is tickets to Taylor Swift.  We won't be going to the concert until September 3, so I came up with something tangible to give her on her birthday.  I went to school a bit early before release and I waited for her.  She walked up with a friend and I yelled out, "HALEY!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!" 
She had that look of total and utter humiliation. I was surprised how much I embarrassed her. Okay, I did it on purpose because I wanted to embarrass her a bit, but I didn't think it would completely embarrass her. I made her read the candy gram in front of everyone. People were crowding around her to read it. Once she got to the Twix to Taylor Swift, a lot of the people, said they were so jealous and she was so lucky. I gave her a hug after she finished and wished her a happy birthday. When we got home, Haley said it was "kind-of cool", because now she has all this candy to eat!
The next day, a lot of people came up to Haley and said she has a really cool mom and they wished they got a candy gram like her.  She then said she is glad I did that and she loves it.  Maybe Haley's mom is kind-of cool....



 I gave Haley the choice to go to any restaurant.  Instead, she chose to have a home cooked meal of Chicken Roll ups.  She loves them, along with the entire family.  I slaved in the kitchen to make her favorite meal and she was very appreciative of all my hard work and yummy food.

Haley enjoyed us singing "Happy Birthday" to her.

Haley blowing out all 11 candles.  Afterwards, we enjoyed her cookies and cream ice cream cake.  Yum! 
Happy Birthday Haley!

No comments: