Thursday, August 11, 2011

First Day of School

 First Day of School  ~  August 11, 2011

Haley started 6th grade at Pleasant Grove Middle School.  She was so excited for school and seeing her friends, but not looking forward to waking up early and being out the door by 7:20am.  When I went to her room at 6:45am, she was already dressed, shoes on, hair brushed and backpack already packed.  Needless to say, she was excited.  She did not want me to take her to her class, so I settled to drop her off in the circle.  Haley was pleased. 




Drew was also so excited for his first day of school.  He woke up early and got ready for school in a rather quick manner.  It was most surprising compared to last year and his dawdling, although I think he might revert back to that as soon as the new school year excitement wears off.  Drew is so proud to be in First Grade and to have Mrs. Laird & Mrs. Wooster for his teachers.


Sydney showed a lot of excitement as she started Fourth Grade.  Her teacher is one of my old classmates from high school, Miss Witt.  I'm so glad Sydney has her as a teacher this year.  Sydney of course is always hamming it up as you can clearly see, her great personality and looking forward to her first day of Fourth Grade.

Drew felt like such a big boy, he didn't want me to walk him to class.  Dropping him off in the circle would have been just fine with him, but I couldn't do that to my baby.  I walked him to his seat and got him situated and left to see Sydney.  He was so proud.

Sydney found her seat, but much to her dismay, she is surrounded by boys.  You can see her disapproval in the picture.

I finally got her to smile when I told her that she won't sit by all boys the entire year, and the seating arrangement is a temporary placement until the teacher gets to know the kids.  She perked up.  Thankfully for Sydney she has some good friends in her class, including one that she's been with since 2nd grade and her softball teammate. 

After school, I gave the kids a questionnaire on how their first day of school was. 

Haley: 


Sydney:  (notice who she sat by)


Drew:  (I think he has a crush on Makenna by his answers)

No comments: