Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ornament Exchange Party

Tonight I had my first Ornament Exchange Party.  I got this idea from my friend, Aunna from Washington.  She had these each year and they were a lot of fun.

I had 13 friends over and they all brought a wrapped ornament.  We exchanged it White-elephant style. There were a lot of cute ornaments.  I brought a green pickle, which is a German tradition.  We have the tradition of hiding the pickle each year on the tree and the first one to find the pickle opens the first present.  It was a hit.  The gift I stole and kept was a Russian doll, which is so cute!  Each of the guests brought a plate of Christmas treats.  After the party, they each got to exchange treats and take a plate of yummy treats home to their family. 

I made chocolate dipped red velvet balls.  I got the recipe from this site.  They took a while to make, but they were amazing. 

I don't have any pictures from that night and I'm bummed.  I guess I'll have to take lots next year when I have another Ornament Exchange Party.  I am so glad I have great friends to come and party with me even though it is such a busy time of the year.  Next year, I'll have to have it earlier in the month before it gets crazy with Christmas.

No comments: